[TRNSYS-users] own component - error 105

Yoshihiro Yamaguchi yamaguti at alpha-net.ne.jp
Fri Sep 21 17:06:57 PDT 2007

Dear Hilde,

Making a component with C/C++ is formally supported from TRNSYS16.
I do not know whether appropriate sample written in C/C++ is provided,
but, this kind of topic was sometimes discussed in this mailing list.

I think your problem is same as the problem below.

https://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/trnsys-users/2007/002403.html

Personally, I do not recommend writing a component (new TYPE) in C/C++.
Some of the functions cannot be implemented smartly, like handling an
external file as far as I know.

Yoshihiro

> Dear Trnsys users,
>
> I'm trying to compile an own component in C++ (I followed the manual)
> but got the following message when trying it to simulate it in TRNSYS
> 16:
>
> "TRNSYS Message    105 : A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file
> but was either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an
> external dll. A dummy subroutine was called in its place. Please link
> the TYPE or remove it from the input file  Reported information  : Not
> available"
>
> However, I didn't got an error messages when making the dll. Moreover,
> I put the dll in the userlib and the tmf in the proformas as explained
> in the manual.
>
> I have the following questions about it:
> - does anyone have a clue to solve this problem?
> - who has experience with making a component in Microsoft C++ 2005
> edition? Do you got the same error?
> - is there an example in C++ that I can use?
>
> Best regards,
> Hilde Breesch

  Yoshihiro Yamaguchi    山口 芳弘
  yamaguti at alpha-net.ne.jp