[TRNSYS-users] gchp simulation

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Sep 7 17:46:34 PDT 2007

<I try to simulate  a simple building with a ground-coupled heat pump
 (type 505 + type 557) controlled with the type 108 controller. I want to
simulate 10 years or more but as soon as the simulation timestep is large
than 0.1 hr, the controller stick. I tried to change the number of
oscillations but nothing change. I would like to have i hr timestep to
reduce the simulation time >

Having the controller "stick" is not really a bad thing.  It just means
that there is not enough capacitance in your system to avoid the
controller chattering.  Be a little careful - a one hour timestep means
that you can only make heating/cooling/off control decisions once an hour
and you may overcool/overheat your space.  Imagine if your home heating
device ran for an hour at a time...

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC