[TRNSYS-users] calculation time in TRNSYS16

Gorissen, R. R.Gorissen at student.tue.nl
Wed Oct 10 06:51:33 PDT 2007

Sebastian,

3 hours is indeed quite long for a single run and I don't think Trnsys 16 will run your project much faster (the newer trnsys versions have improved graphical interfaces and usability but the underlying calculation mechanisms are still the same).

The only way to improve your calculation time, I'm afraid, is upgrading to a faster computer.
Some time ago I posted test results showing the difference in calculation time between different processor architectures. The same project was used on each machine.
You can see these results at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/trnsys-users@engr.wisc.edu/msg00862.html

Hope this helps, if you have any further questions feel free to contact me.

Regards,
raf.