[TRNSYS-users] Additionnal Shading Modeling

Adrien JEZEQUEL a.jezequel at itf.biz
Thu Nov 22 03:33:38 PST 2007

Dear TRNSYS Users,

I would like to model an external shading as described in the attached
file.

Tu sum up rapidely, the opening I want to describe is protected in the
same time by an external shading device and a balcony. To model the
external shading device, I share window surface in four parts. Three of
them contain an overhang, modeled with Type34. For the fourth one, (the
uppest part of the window), I define another overhang; always with
Type34 ; to model balcony shading. For a better understanding, see the
joined picture.

My problem is to take into account in the same time balcony shading for
window 1, 2 and 3, and external shading device.

May I connect "Fraction of Solar Shading" from Type34 with "External
Shading Factors" in Type56 (to approximate balcony shading effects on
the appropriate window - Window2 for example), and in the same time
defining a shading orientation also in Type56 applied to the same window
(window2 in my example)? What would be the best way to model that
shading effect?

Some help in that domain would be really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Best regards, Adrien

Adrien JEZEQUEL
Ingénieur en Simulations Dynamiques