[TRNSYS-users] Re :RE: utilization of waste heat from diesel engine

kamal kishore khatri kamalkhatri at rediffmail.com
Tue Nov 6 21:17:27 PST 2007

Dear Shyam,Thank you for your valuable remarks. As per your suggetion heat terms are to be converted into temperature but the problem is that the waste heat output fron the DEGS includes different types of heat like exhaust heat, coolant heat etc. So it will be difficult to convert that heat term into a single representative temperature and flow rate because the physics of the problem will not follow . I think if the modification of the program is the only solution of this problem then we will have to include a subroutine which will calculate the temeperature and flow rate of exhaust gases as well as the coolant so that these parameters can be linked to any type of heat exchanger.If anyone in the group can help us, please suggest.Thanks!With best regards,Kamal KhatriOn Tue, 6 Nov 2007 14:46:29 +0800 "#SHYAM SURESH KRISHNAN#" wroteDear Kamal, I am facing the same problem with my trigeneration system. The DEGS system is unable to provide a possible input in!
  terms of waste heat for the storage tank as well as the absorption chiller. I am considering the possibility of including a subroutine to facilitate the conversion of heat terms to temperature. If you could send the program file, I would be able to get a  better understanding of the situation. Thanks & Regards,ShyamFrom: kamal kishore khatri [mailto:kamalkhatri at rediffmail.com]Sent: Tue 11/6/2007 12:24 PMTo: trnsys-users at engr.wisc.eduSubject: [TRNSYS-users] utilization of waste heat from diesel engineDear all,I am working on simulation of diesel engine operated trigeneration system in trnsys 16. I am not able to link the waste heat of diesel engine generator set (degs) to any heat exchanger or storage tank. This is due to the non-availability of heat required as input parameter in the above mentioned components.So please suggest me correct method for it or any other component for solving this type of problem.Thinking u in anticipa!
 tion.With regards,Kamal Khatri