[TRNSYS-users] conflict of type 62 and excel 2007

Adrien JEZEQUEL a.jezequel at itf.biz
Fri Nov 9 02:42:24 PST 2007

Dear Eleni,

You're all right concerning that conflict, I encounter that problem with
EXCEL 2007 too. The only way I find to solve that issue is to save my
EXCEL file not in EXCEL 2007 version (with *.xlsm extension) but in
EXCEL 97-2003
extension (so with classical *.xls extension). Conflict with variables
name are then not detected anymore, and the simulation runs fine.

You may try to have a look to Type62 FORTRAN program or to EXCEL macro
to solve that problem.

Best regards,

Adrien

Eleni Ampatzi a écrit :
> Dear users,
>
> I am using type 62 with the Excel 2007 and I experience problems. The simulation cannot run. The
> Inputs and Outputs names which are used in the excel file and are read by type 62 (Inp1..Inp10 and
> Out1...Out10) have to be replaced with other names in the Excel 2007 as they coincide with existing
> cell names (Excell 2007 gives an increased number of rows and columns and e.g. OUT1 is a cell's
> name). The output and input names are defined in the code of the component (type62.f90) and the
> input ones only are also used in the macros.
>
> The extended excel files are *.xlsm. (for my model I need theincreased number of rows).
>
> Does anyone have solved this issue and can possibly help me? Could we alter the existing or get an
> updated version of type 62 which is compatible with Excel 2007 (I saw in the archives that other
> users experienced similar problems) ?
>
> Best Regards
>
> ELeni Ampatzi
> WSA, Cardiff University

> Orange vous informe que cet  e-mail a ete controle par l'anti-virus mail.

Adrien JEZEQUEL
Ingénieur en Simulations Dynamiques
ITF (Ingénierie Tous Fluides)
87, route de Chambéry