[TRNSYS-users] Solar Assisted Heat Pump System

Julian Demetz julian.demetz at gmail.com
Mon May 14 09:47:19 PDT 2007

Dear Trnsys Users,

I have to model a solar energy assisted heat pump system for hot water
supply (See attached image of the System). The heat pump is supposed to work
only if the water temperature of the collector output is not high enough
(green circuit), otherwise the outlet water flow of the collector should
bypass the heat pump (red circuit). The heat pump has to work with a
refrigerant other than water.

Since I'm using Trnsys for the first time I have some questions about
modelling the heat pump:

Which Type (also from TESS-Library) should I use to model the heat pump? At
the moment I'm using Type 20.

How can I control the input # 5 "Heating control function" of type 20? Is it
calculated internally or has it to be connected with an Output from the
solar collector (Output # 1, Type1b, "Outlet Temp"??).

I would be very thankful for some help

Best regards,

Julian

M.Sc. Student

Technical University of Munich, Germany

Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Brazil