[TRNSYS-users] Forcing Functions and Weather Data Files

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Mar 14 10:47:04 PDT 2007

- build a forcing function for the pump by which it can work from 6 am to
18 pm and only if beam radiation is higher than a fixed value;

Use a Type 14 forcing function with the parameters
0,0  6,0  6,1  18,1  18,0  24,0

to set your daily repeating forcing function on between 6 and 18 and off
at other times during the day.  Then use an equation card and multiply
this output from the forcing function by the function:

OK_Pump=GT(I_Beam,Value)  ehere I_Beam is connected to the beam radiation
input.  This should do the trick.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC