[TRNSYS-users] Request

Samuele ozzysam at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 07:24:03 PDT 2007

Dear all,

I have followed your advice to increase the number of online plotter in my simulation but I don't understand
this result:

- during periods of high solar radiation and for a high value of inlet flow rate, when the pump starts to run
the outlet temperature immediately rises up to the point of the maximum outlet temperature and then at once it
drops to a lower value, even if the beam solar radiation is high ( I put the project and the weather file enclosed: see the online plotter).
I have the same problem when the time is about 18 ( when the pump turn off).
I don't know if it's a problem of inlet flow rate's value ( too high :15000 kg/hr) - input-  or about the efficiency slope - parameter-
which I have to calculate considering another tested flow rate.
Is it possible that there are other causes about this problem? Can anyone explain me this?

Thanks in advance,
                              Samuele Mazzei.

<I have done a simple project in which an oil passed through a linear
parabolic concentrator:
does anyone have a look to my project and tell me if something is wrong?
(I can't understand anything about the on line plotter of the type 536's
outlet temperature).>

I looked at your project and everything seems fine to me.  I don't have
the weather file you used so I used another TMY-2 file but everything
seems fine.  When the pump is running the outlet temperature approaches
the inlet temperature during periods of low solar radiation and exceeds
the inlet temperature during periods of high solar radiation - up to the
point of the maximum outlet temperature at which point the collector dumps
energy to maintain the outlet temperature.  During periods when the pump
is off, the outlet temperature is near the ambient unless there is solar
radiation at which time the collector temperature rises above the ambient.

Did you see something that causes you to have doubts about your results?
You may want to increase the number of online plots per simulation from 1
per year to 1 per week in order to see the outputs a bit better though...

Jeff