[TRNSYS-users] Request

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Mon Mar 12 17:23:41 PDT 2007

<I have done a simple project in which an oil passed through a linear
parabolic concentrator:
does anyone have a look to my project and tell me if something is wrong?
(I can't understand anything about the on line plotter of the type 536's
outlet temperature).>

I looked at your project and everything seems fine to me.  I don't have
the weather file you used so I used another TMY-2 file but everything
seems fine.  When the pump is running the outlet temperature approaches
the inlet temperature during periods of low solar radiation and exceeds
the inlet temperature during periods of high solar radiation - up to the
point of the maximum outlet temperature at which point the collector dumps
energy to maintain the outlet temperature.  During periods when the pump
is off, the outlet temperature is near the ambient unless there is solar
radiation at which time the collector temperature rises above the ambient.

Did you see something that causes you to have doubts about your results?
You may want to increase the number of online plots per simulation from 1
per year to 1 per week in order to see the outputs a bit better though...

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

2916 Marketplace Drive - Suite 104