[TRNSYS-users] About Shading masks (type 67) and Overhang and wingwalls shading (type 34)

Fabien Morice fabien.morice at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 9 03:27:43 PST 2007

Dear TRNSYS users, I have some questions for you :

1°)    I try to use the type 67 with the type 56a (Multizone Building).
        But, it seems to me that I must used the type 34 in complement.
        [Output 11 of type 34 (Fraction of solar shading) ---> Input of type 56a (created by me to used in Input of External Shading Factor)]
        because the type 67 gives me 2 outputs (among 11) :
        [Output 7 of type 67 (Fraction of beam visible on horizontal for mask) ---> ?
        [Output 9 of type 67 (Fraction of diffuse visible on horizontal for mask) ---> ?
        that I don't know used with the type 56a directly.

2°)   I have read the files of the forum and I try  the solution proposed by Diego (Wed Oct 26 2005) to Amelie Mariller
        who recommend to use two type 68 (one horizontal and one vertical) with each type 34.
        So, I have created two files in ".dat" :
        the first with a slope of 0°
        and the second with a slope of 90°.
        The two files dividing the same others informations.
        But I have the message : Error "Unable to read mask file, please check file syntax and format." when I launch the calculs.

3°)    So, I use only one type 68 with one type 34 :

        [Output 3 of type 67 Shaded beam radiation for surface ---> Input 5 of type 34 (Beam radiation on surface)]
        [Output 10 of type 67 Shaded diffuse radiation on horizontal for mask ---> Input 4 of type 34 (Horizontal diffuse radiation)]
        [Output 11 of type 67 Shaded total radiation on horizontal for mask ---> Input 3 of type 34 (Total horizontal radiation)]

        Parameter 1 of type 34 Upstream component mode = 1 and not 0

        In more, I use two Equations :

        a)    Equation 1 :

                Sky diffuse radiation on titled surface i (Output of type 109)
                                            +
                Groung reflected diffuse radiation on titled surface i (Output of type 109)
                                            =
                Diffuse radiation for opening (Input 6 of type 67)

        b)    Equation 2 :

                Sky diffuse radiation on horizontal
                                            +
                Groung reflected diffuse radiation on horizontal
                                            =
                Diffuse radiation on horizontal (Input 4 of type 69b and Input 4 of type 67)

        After simulation, I have controlled the five View factor (Outputs 6,7,8,9,10 of type 34) by Online plotter (type 65d)
        and I'm surprise because the sum is not equal to 1 !
        But if I change :
        Parameter 1 of type 34 Upstream component mode = 0 and not 1
        the sum is correct.

        Anyone knows what I should do? Thanks.

Fabien Morice.

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com