[TRNSYS-users] "Link" trouble between two components.

Bryan Choi ukmaster2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 10:10:03 PDT 2007

Hello.
I am a beginner with TRNSYS, and am doing pracrtice with the manual and my
simple model.

I followed the manual to link two components as it said "When you move the
mouse over a component icon, the 8 available connection
points become visible. Click one one of them to select the starting point,
then go to the component you want to link and select a connection point
again. Click to create the link".

I can see the 8 available connection points after clikcing the Link icon.
But, when I click one of them to select the starting point, the points are
disappeared.  I think every configuration has no problem, right orders,
right configuration of each component, etc.except this  trouble.

Could you give me any advice or solution about the Link trouble?

Thank you.

Choi

Components are connected using the Link tool, which is activated by pressing
the link button (see

Figure 1–24). When you move the mouse over a component icon, the 8 available
connection
points become visible. Click one one of them to select the starting point,
then go to the
component you want to link and select a connection point again. Click to
create the link. The
newly created link is empty, i.e. it does not connect any (output; input)
couple yet. This is shown
by a different link color (blue by default, while links with connections are
black).