[TRNSYS-users] need help for simulating stand alone PV

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Tue Jun 12 08:58:05 PDT 2007

Dear ShaoFeng,

Thanks for looking at the example that I sent you.  I should have added
more information regarding the variables that are  being plotted:
- P_generation: power from the PV module
- P_battery: power from/to the battery. It is negative when it is being
discharged.
- P_to_load: power directly from the PV or from the battery that go to
the PV module
- P_dumped: power available from the PV but that is not used.
- P_load: power required.
- P_from_grid: This variable needs additional explanation: Type48 offers
this output, if you want to simulate a system with battery storage and
also connected to the grid; it is not a common combination.  So, if you
want to simulate a stand alone system, just disregard this output.  In
the example that I sent you, the power produced by the PV module and the
power from the battery is not enough to meet the load.

I am attaching an image of the P_to_load and the P_battery in which you
can see that the power from the battery is negative when it is being
discharged.  If you do not get this plot, please update your copy of TRNSYS.
Best regards,

Diego