[TRNSYS-users] need help for simulating stand alone PV

Feng Shao h06fensh at du.se
Fri Jun 8 04:34:40 PDT 2007

Hellow dear TRNSYS experts,
I'm a student working on the simulation of stand alone PV system using TRNSYS16.
The system i want to simulate is combined with: a PV module, a 12V battery, a
regulator(DC/DC converter) and a resistor as load.

The problems: the TYPE48 mode2 and 3 have the additional capabity of charging
the battery from the utility. That's what i don't need in my system. How can i
aviod the effect of grid to the system. i want to keep those to modes because
they have the similar strategy to my regulator.

And why the state of charge which is output from the battery model TYPR47 is
correspond to its parameter "cell energy capacity". Isn't it should be cell
energy capacity*cell number in series*cell number in parallel= battery capacity
?

Finally, is it possible to simulate a simple stand alone PV system with TRNSYS?