[TRNSYS-users] External shading during the night

Enertech sidler at club-internet.fr
Mon Jun 4 06:22:47 PDT 2007

Dear Trnsys Users,

I'm using an external shading device (in the .bui file) during the nights
of winter, without additional resistance, in order to evaluate the effect
of radiative transfer between the sky and the windows during the night.

It turns out that, in my simulations, external shadings have no effect. I
obtain the same value of heat needs with or without external shadings
during the night.

However, manual calculations with radiation transfer equation tend to
acknoledge a relevant effect of using shading devices.

Could you help me with this issue ?

Thanks in advance,
Kind regards,

David Chénier