[TRNSYS-users] convergence problem

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Fri Jun 1 08:51:59 PDT 2007

Hi Fredery,

If I understand correctly, you have a problem with cycling information
that is getting in to an infinite loop.

One solution is to add some inertia to your system. You did not specify
if you have a Type56 in your simulation, or another load.  You may want
to add a pipe (Hydronids/Pipe_duct/type31), which adds some inertia to
the system.

Another solution is to use an input value recall
(Utility/InputValueRecall/Type93): you can set it up so it keeps track
of the value of a variable during previous time steps; this is an
artificial way of adding inertia to your system.  If you try out this
solution, please run a sensitivity analysis with the time step to make
sure that you are getting appropriate solutions, and that energy is
being conserved in your system.
Best regards,

Diego