[TRNSYS-users] Regarding external input files

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Wed Feb 28 14:47:03 PST 2007

Hi Mohammad,

I am not sure if I understood your question.  I have used a different
approach when I want to use an external program to set the values of
some parameters in a simulation.  You may know that you can use a nested
input file in TRNSYS.  This is done with the instruction 'INCLUDE
xxx.yyy', where xxx.yyy is the name of a text file with the additional
instructions (please refer to Volume 7, section 7.6.17 The INCLUDE
statement).

The external program should write a text file with the names and values
of some variables that you will use as parameters in your simulation.
For example, the contents of the file 'mytextfile.txt' can be:

CONSTANTS  2
VAR_1  =    0.3
VAR_2  =    0.2

In the Studio, go to control cards and add to the 'simulation cards':

INCLUDE mytextfile.txt

In your project, you can assign the values of these variables VAR_1 and
VAR_2 to set the values of parameters that you want to change.

I will be happy to elaborate on this strategy if you need more information.
Best regards,

Diego