[TRNSYS-users] unexpected error with TRNSYS type10

fen.he at power.alstom.com fen.he at power.alstom.com
Tue Aug 7 06:28:42 PDT 2007

Hello TRNSYS users,

We've got a problem with the "type 10 rock bed storage" of Trnsys
Simulation Studio 16. When  the segment number is set to more than 13 (in
DERIVATIVES ), we obtain the error message of "Range check error" and then
"Unexpected error was encountered and TRSYS will abort".

It is indicated by the manual of "Input-Output-Parameter" that the valid
range for segment number is 1 to 40.  We also checked the source code of
TYPE 10, but failed to find a solution.  Do you think it is due to the
constrain of input parameters?

We attched a very simple example to show how it happens.  It is highly
appreciated if you can check it and can give us some suggestions.

Thanks and best regards,
Fen