[TRNSYS-users] About Shading masks (type 67) and Overhang and wingwalls shading (type 34)

Enertech sidler at club-internet.fr
Fri Apr 20 02:49:30 PDT 2007

Hi Diego and all TRNSYS Users,

Diego, I agree with you : for my job, the topic of shading is a central
problem and we absolutly need a simple model to treat them. We will be very
thankful if you develop this kind of tool.

I have a suggestion about this topic. In attached file, you can see a solar
diagram corresponding to a 45°N latitude. It will be useful to have a model
with a graphic plugin, a solar diagram corresponding to a x°N or S (x =
parameter), and the user define graphically shadings. In this manner, you
can define all the shadings of a surface, fareway masks, wingwalls and
overhang and also some kinds of masks wich are not fareway (sun is shadded
if its angular height is less than the angular height of the mask) and not
overhangs (sun is shadded if its angular height is higher than the angular
height of the mask), as alleyways for example.

Do you think it’s possible to develop this kind of model ?

Best regards,
Christophe