[TRNSYS-users] Range Check Error using Small time steps with Type 19

Charron, Rémi remi.charron at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca
Wed Sep 27 09:20:44 PDT 2006

Hello,
I am doing a simulation with a Type 19 zone, solar collectors, PV, hot water tank...  When I run the simulation with a time step of 9 minutes or more, the program runs fine.  As soon as I use a time step of 8 minutes or less, I get a range check error.

After adding and removing all the different components, I have found that the culprit is the Type 19 window model. I am using the windows that have Transmittance Calculated Internally (19Wind-1).  If I remove these windows from the model and change the Zone model and Geometry inputs to reflect a zone with no windows, the range check error disapears.

I have attached the model with only the zone related components.

Has anyone managed to use the Temperature Level Type 19 zone with time steps below 9 minutes with these windows?

Thanks,

Rémi