[TRNSYS-users] cooling coil

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Thu Sep 21 06:10:40 PDT 2006

Dear Ming,

I do not know what level of complexity you need for your model, but you
may try using a heat exchanger (Type5). It is a very basic component
that only takes into account overall energy balance: you need the
thermal capacitance of the two streams, their mass flow rates and inlet
temperatures. If you provide the effectiveness, you will get the outlet
temperatures. I do not know if this is too simple for your project.
Best regards,

Diego