[TRNSYS-users] Question: split unit air condition & type756

Aristotelis Avgelis aavgelis at aix.meng.auth.gr
Tue Sep 19 06:06:12 PDT 2006

Dear all,

I 'm using TRNSYS 16 simulation Studio and I sould like to put in my
building a split unit air condition system (wall-mounted),
that means that I have an indoor and an outdoor unit.  I tried to use
type 756 but it has only one parameter for the blower
power draw. Which one is it? I have an outdoor blower and an indoor
blower. In a sample of TESS (type756.tpf) before the type756,
they have connected an extra blower. It seems that it's the indoor
blower. This means that the blower in type756 is the blower
of the outdoor unit?  However,  the external  file with  the  efficiency
data  of the manufacturer's device seems to include total power
in fuction with the indoor air flow rate. I'm a bit confused.
Is it better to use type 665, although I am interesting only for cooling
operation?

With regards,
Aristotelis Avgelis

--