[TRNSYS-users] Ground Temperatur Models

Hartl Michael Michael.Hartl at arsenal.ac.at
Fri Oct 20 00:50:36 PDT 2006

Hello TRNSYS-users,

I need to clearify a disagreement between Type556 (buried horizontal
pipe) and Type501 (ground temeprature model).

I expected the temp. curve of T501 to match the temp. curve of the
undisturbed ground of T556, but they didn't match, although either
models are applying the correlation of Kusada (both models are fed with
the same parameters and inputs).

In the manuals of both their seems to be a slightly difference in the
formular of Kusada's correlation. One time the thermal diffusivity is in
the numerator and one time it is in the denominator. But I can't surely
say if it has to do with the difference.

Thank`s a lot in advance,

Michael