[TRNSYS-users] low energy consumption buildings

Enertech sidler at club-internet.fr
Thu Nov 23 03:47:41 PST 2006

Dear TRNSYS Users,

I would like to have an expert advice from TYPE 56 users and developers.
Thermal transfers trough walls are based on the Transfer Function Method
developed by Mitalas (cf. TRNSYS Manual, volume 6, § 2.1.6). What are the
limits of this method ? Is it suitable for very high insulated walls (for
example 20 cm of polystyrene over 16 cm of concrete) ?

Context of my question : In France, we are working on two big projects of
very low energy consumption buildings. We prescribe the use of dynamic
simulation as a conception tool because it’s a very useful tool to estimate
heating energy consumption and summer comfort. We’re hearing some critics
about TRNSYS, some says it is not suitable to these kind of buildings. So,
we would like to be sure of our software.

Thanks a lot,
Christophe.

ENERTECH
F-26160 FELINES SUR RIMANDOULE