[TRNSYS-users] type 9 problem

Constanze.Bongs at csiro.au Constanze.Bongs at csiro.au
Wed May 31 22:47:41 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am new to using TRNSYS and have run across the following problem which
I could not resolve using the manual or the mailing list archives. It is
probably really easy but I would be very happy if someone could give me
a "helping hand".

I want TRNSYS to read data (temperatures and relative humidity) from an
excel file and use that data as input to a building model. The data in
the sheet is taken at time steps of  5 minutes. I tried using TYPE 9 to
read it.  However, when I try running the simulation (or Type 9
separately) I get the following error messages:
1.) The system does not seem to allow me to input data time steps of
less than 1 hour into parameter 4 (time interval of data) - although it
should if I am well informed. I tried to use hrs as unit and filled in
1/12 or 0,0833 but still the same problem occurred. If I set it back at
1 hr it does not give me the error message any more, but that does not
make sense with the data I want to use.
2.) Using 1 hr (to see if the type works) I get the error message that
the system is not able to read the file correctly. I inserted the path
to the file under external files (and under files in the window that
opens as I click on information). I checked the deck file and it gives
me the right path to the excel sheet. I also checked the excel sheet but
can find no error in the sheet. However, I cannot get TRNSYS to run the
simulation (type 9) and read the file.

Well, hope someone can help.

Cheers,

Constanze