[TRNSYS-users] Intel Visual Fortran Compiler 9.0 and logical

keilholz, werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Wed Mar 29 06:31:59 PST 2006

There have been issues accessing open LUNs in DLLs, but so far I've only
seen it in mixed language programming (e.g., for types written in C++) - see
the topic

https://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/trnsys-users/2005/000695.html
<https://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/trnsys-users/2005/000695.html>

for a possible workaround based on special cards. Another (brute-force)
approach consists in just adding your type to the main TRNSYS Dll and
recompile that (TrnDll.dll).

I wonder what your 'problems to integrate the Intel Fortran Compiler' are.
There is a trick that you have to apply after opening a FORTRAN project
(such as one created by the TRNSYS Simulation Studio) in the Microsoft
Developer Studio: the project shows up as "C++" per default, and the
environment insists on compiling everything with the C++ compiler, .f90
extension or not.... :-(

You just have to right-click on its name, and choose 'convert to FORTRAN
project'. The icons then turns into a blue 'F'.

I have no clue why this is necessary, but it makes the project usable from
within the Developer Studio, using all the right options as set up by the
TRNSYS Studio, etc.

Hope this helps,

Werner
  _____