[TRNSYS-users] Intel Visual Fortran Compiler 9.0 and logical units

Gottwald Dieter Dieter.Gottwald at arsenal.ac.at
Wed Mar 29 05:36:06 PST 2006

I am unable to access files that are attached via the external files tab
in the component. INQUIRE states that the logical unit is not opened.
The added "/libs:dll" option to the linker, as suggested in the
programmer's guide, did not change the situation at all.

I am using the Intel Visual Fortran Compiler 9.0 to compile the code and
since it cannot integrate itself into the MS Visual Studio 2005, I am
using a makefile to create the dll so I guess I will have to use
different options to make it work.

I use the compiler options "/O2 /DWIN32 /DNODEBUG /D_WINDOWS /D_USRDLL
/D_WINDLL /D_MBCS /c /nologo" and the linker options "/libs:dll /dll
/nologo". Other than the problem described above, my dlls do work. Most
of the options were copied from the options that are used for a
c++-project.

What shall I do?

Regards, Dieter