[TRNSYS-users] Type91 hot/cold side

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Fri Mar 17 07:34:43 PST 2006

Dear Amandine,

'Hot' and 'Cold' are just labels for two streams. Perhaps, we should
just called them 'stream 1' and 'stream 2'.  You can give a high
temperature to the stream labeled as 'cold' without problems.  In this
type, the user specifies the effectiveness, so the type does not care
about the configuration of the heat exchanger (parallel flow, cross
flow, etc.).
The model is very simple, and is based only on energy balance. You have
to make sure that the temperatures of the outlet streams are reasonable,
i.e., the outlet temperature of the stream that had a higher inlet
temperature should be higher than the temperature of the other stream.
Best regards,

Diego