[TRNSYS-users] modelling a veranda

Enertech sidler at club-internet.fr
Thu Mar 16 02:57:40 PST 2006

Dear TRNSYS Users,

I would like to simulate a veranda in a building with trnbuild. So, I use
two zones : my home and my veranda, and I define a window between these two
zones. Trnbuild asks me an orientation for my window. To my mind, even if
my window is oriented to west, I should define another orientation (not the
same "west" that the external window of the veranda). In TRNSYS Studio, I
don't link any solar radiation to this orientation. I think my internal
window don't receive any direct solar radiation but only indirect solar
radiation through the external window of the veranda. I think I have to use
GEOSURF coefficient for this purpose. Do I thinking right ?

For me, GEOSURF coefficient depends on the position of the sun and masks in
front of the window. So I have to use this coefficient as an input and to
calculate it somewhere. It is a little bit complex to calculate it
precisely. Is there a model to do it ? Is there a simplest method to model
a veranda ? Do you think my method is OK ?

Thanks for your answers,
Kind regards,
Christophe.

ENERTECH