[TRNSYS-users] Type 8, error#206

Stefan de Kool s.dekool at chri.nl
Mon Mar 13 07:13:55 PST 2006

Dear all,

I have an atrium with temperature controlled (on/off) natural ventilation in
TRNSYS with TRNFLOW. I use a 3stage room thermostat type 8b to control
ventilation openings at the roof and on the 1st floor. The control signal of
the type 8 gives stranges results though and tends to oscillate for no
appearant reason. When I use Powells method, the signal is okay but
somewhere halfway the simulation (begin of summer), I get error 206 at
multiple times:

TRNSYS ERROR # 206

THE SOLUTION CAN NOT BE FOUND AT TIME 2532.62

Finally resulting in

TRNSYS ERROR # 204

THE NUMBER OF UNSUCCESSFUL TIMESTES EXCEEDS LIMITS

Does anyone have an idea what can be wrong? Decreasing the timestep has no
effect; application of a deadband also does not help; the errors occur
earlier in the simulation when I use a larger deadband...

Kind regards

Stefan de Kool

Cauberg-Huygen Raadgevende Ingenieurs

Lokatie Rotterdam