[TRNSYS-users] Thermal rockbed storage

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Mon Mar 6 17:53:50 PST 2006

Dear Sansa,

Panta wrote:

> Dear Mr. David Bradeley,
>
> I am having problems with thermal rockbed simulations in Trnsys and
> those done in MathCad (I have simulated the thermal rockbed storage
> based on your proposed equations given in the mathematical description
> of the components).
>
> *Regarding the TRNSYS.*
> I have just connected the type10 (rockbed storage) with type 65d
> (online ploter) and I have varied the flow at the inlet of the reckbed.
> The bottom and top node temperatures are not changing.
> For exaple, Tinlet=51degC, m=20kg/s the results are 51degC for both cases.
> I did not change the values of other parameters.

Is it possible that you have not changed the number of segments into
which the rock bed should be divided?  If you click on the tab
'Derivative', you will see a question regarding the number of segments.
By default it is set to one, so you will not see any difference in
temperature because there is only one node.
I hope this helps,

Diego