[TRNSYS-users] Thermal rockbed storage

Panta usrobotics011 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 6 11:04:08 PST 2006

Dear Mr. David Bradeley,

  I am having problems with thermal rockbed simulations in Trnsys and those done in MathCad (I have simulated the thermal rockbed storage based on your proposed equations given in the mathematical description of the components).

  Regarding the TRNSYS.
  I have just connected the type10 (rockbed storage) with type 65d (online ploter) and I have varied the flow at the inlet of the reckbed.
  The bottom and top node temperatures are not changing.
  For exaple, Tinlet=51degC, m=20kg/s the results are 51degC for both cases.
  I did not change the values of other parameters.

  Regading the MathCad
  I am getting the same results i.e. the top node and bottom node temperatures are the same. In fact, I am getting small increase in temperature (+0.02degC) towards bottom side.

  Question
  What seems to be the problem?

  Thank for your time and consideration.
  Regards Sasa Pantic

  Concordia University
  Building, Civil and Environmental Engineering department
  Montreal, Canada