[TRNSYS-users] Solar combisystems models

Marie-Nathalie Molinier bs05mnm at brunel.ac.uk
Fri Jun 23 04:16:18 PDT 2006

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am a MSc. student at Brunel University, and my dissertation subject is a feasibility study concerning solar combisystems in the UK.

I am just starting using the software TRNSYS, to model different kinds of solar heating systems. And I need to have results quite soon.
Undortunately modelling a solar combisystems is much more difficult than I thought, and I could not manage to reproduce systems detailed in "Solar Heating systems for Houses, a Design handbook for solar combisystems" (IEA).
I want to test the efficiency of some systems according to UK typical conditions.
So I am trying to reproduce some models detailed in Chapter 4 of the book.

I would like to know where I can get the TRNSYS examples of some solar combisystems.
I think from more advanded models, than those explained in the tutorial, I could manage to create systems suitable for UK situation.
Is it possible for you to tell me who I need to contact, or what I can do to get some TRNSYS solar combisytems models?

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Kind regards

Marie-Nathalie MOLINIER
Brunel University
MSc student "renewable energies, technology and management"
tel: 0044 7 962 67 90 49
mail: bs05mnm at brunel.ac.uk