[TRNSYS-users] dynamicdata function

Amandine LE DENN amandine.le-denn at tecsol.fr
Tue Jun 13 06:26:23 PDT 2006

Dear users,

a DynamicData procedure is included in Type107 code and it seems a bit different that what's described in Trnsys Programmers guide. In a handmade Type, I try to read my own file but DynamicData always give me the wrong solution.

the code is the following:
C  GET THE PERFORMANCE DATA FROM THE S1 DATA FILE: FRACTION OF DESIGN CHILLED WATER CAPACITY
C  AND FRACTION OF DESIGN COP ARE FUNCTION OF INLET HOT WATER TEMPERATURE, INLET COOLING
C  WATER TEMPERATURE AND OUTLET CHILLED WATER TEMPERATURE LEVEL

  NVAL=3
  NY=2
  NX(1)=5
  NX(2)=3
  NX(3)=5
  X(1)=TCHW_T1
  X(2)=TCW_IN
  X(3)=THW_IN
  CALL DYNAMICDATA(LU_S1,NX,NVAL,NY,X,Y,INFO,*10)
  CALL LINKCK('TYPE807','DYNAMICDATA',1,807)
10   IF (ErrorFound()) RETURN 1
  FNCAP=Y(1)
  FNCOP=Y(2)

and data file is (separation = tab):

5.5 6 7 8 9 !Chilled Water Temperature output at previous timestep
24 29.5 31   !Entering Cooling Water Temperature
75 80 85 88 95 !Inlet Hot Water Temperature
0.87671 0.88571  ! Fraction of design capacity and design COP at    5.5 24 75
0.98630 0.88571  ! Fraction of design capacity and design COP at    5.5 24 80
y1  y2    ! Fraction of design capacity and design COP at    5.5 24 85
etc...

Can someone detect the problem..?

thank you for your help,

Amandine LE DENN