[TRNSYS-users] problem with comis

OCTRUE, Delphine delphine.octrue at quille.fr
Fri Jul 28 08:20:43 PDT 2006

Hello!

I try to design a double skin facade with Trnsys and Comis.I have cut the double skin facade in 4 zones (corresponding to the 4 storeys). The double skin facade has no mecanical ventilation but has two openings downward and upward. I don't know how modelize these openings : I want to add a grid before the air incomming, so I use the type "duct, entry with screen" in comis. But my simulation in trnsys gives me very high coupling air flow (20 000 kg/h) and no infiltration (although the % of screen is 90). I think it's not good because in reality, there are dynamic loss which drop the airflow! Their is also no temperature stratification. When I replace this duct with an open window, I have more accurate results : air coupling flow with 6000kg/h (but it seems still high), infiltration in the extremity of facade and temperature stratification.

Have somebody already worked on double skin facade? Or does someone know why the screen gives me bad results?
If you need more information, ask me.

Thanks a lot for your answers
Best regards

Delphine

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels, confidentiels et secrets. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme partielle, doit etre autorisee. Si vous n'etes pas le bon destinataire, nous vous demandons de ne pas lire, copier, utiliser ou divulguer cette communication. Nous vous prions de notifier cette erreur a l'expediteur et d'effacer immediatement cette communication de votre systeme.

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal, confidential and secret. Any total or partial publication, use or distribution must be authorized. If you are not the right addressee, we ask you not to read, copy, use or disclose this communication. Please notify this error to the sender and erase at once this communication from your system.