[TRNSYS-users] Message 441

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Thu Jul 27 13:13:03 PDT 2006

Dear Edward,

It is not always clear how to find an appropriate order in which to call
the components. The kernel recognizes that some components should be
called at different times during the simulation: for example, during
each iteration or only when the simulation has converged. Integrators
and printers (Type25) are some of the components that are only called
when all of the other types have converged.
The feature in the Studio tries to help, but as I said, this is not a
trivial thing, and some rules may work sometimes and do not work in
other simulations.

One of the most important capabilities in TRNSYS is to be able to
simulate many different kinds of systems. One user's simulations may not
look anything like another user simulation. Therefore, it is very
difficult to point out the exact cause of the problem when there are
many reasons why the simulations may go wrong. What I have seen is that
the most useful error message is generally the first one, as when
something goes wrong it usually triggers many other problems.

Best regards,

Diego