[TRNSYS-users] help

Liu, Ming - liumy008 Ming.Liu at postgrads.unisa.edu.au
Tue Jul 25 23:42:50 PDT 2006

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a new TRNSYS user. My question is about Multizone Building modeling
with Type 56 and TRNBuild.

I am a PhD student. In my project, I want to use TRNSYS 16 to simulation
the whole cooling system for a refrigerated truck. Then my questions
are:

1)       Do you think it is appropriate to model the cooling space of
the refrigerated truck using Multi-zone Building Type 56? The
temperature in the cooling space is required to be maintained at -20
degrees.

2)       Can I use the option "Max. heat load calculation" in the
Generate - pull down Menu to calculate the maximum cooling load in the
cooling space.

Another question is:

I built up a simple model following the steps given in "Section 6.2.8 A
Simple TRNBuild Example" on the TRNSYS 16 Manual-Multizone Building
modeling with Type 56 and TRNBuild. After the TRNSYS 56 files are
generated successfully, I run the TRNSYS simulation by clicking on the
button "RUN TRNSYS". Then an error comes out: "File name error: File
C:\Progrm does not exist". I tried many times and I am sure I got the
correct path for TRNSYS.EXE under the menu OPTIONS\SETTINGS. Would you
please help me to analyze what else problems it will be?

I know I got too many questions. But I am new to TRNSYS, I really need
your help. Thanks a lot!

Best wishes!

Ming Liu