[TRNSYS-users] trnsys help

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Tue Jul 25 07:09:30 PDT 2006

Dear Meenakshi,

First of all, I did not have clear if you are able to run the examples.

- Calling Excel:  I guess that the problem is that you did not added the
macro required to interpret the information exchange in Excel. Please
open the spreadsheet 'Schedule.xls', found in the directory
\Examples\Calling Excel.  If you open the Visual Basic environment in
Excel, you will find a module called 'Modul1', which contains the macro
called TRNSYS.

- Calling Matlab:  Please take a look at the example 'solarcollector.m'
found in the directory '\Examples\Calling Matlab'. The Matlab file is
like a regular component written in Fortran, i.e., it contains all the
operations during all the TRNSYS calls: at the initialization call,
during iterations, etc.  At the end of each call, it sends back the
results in the array trnOutputs().

Please feel free to send me your project files if you still do not get
the simulations to run.
Best regards,

Diego