[TRNSYS-users] Possibility of running simulation in Fortran Environment

Narongwit Areemit narongwit12 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 00:31:06 PDT 2006

Dear Sir,

As i am very new to TRNSYS as well as  this mailing list. Please forgive me
if what i ask have already been asked before. According to my research mean,
we would like to calculate the results involving buildings with hygroscopic
material considering the moisture capacity of the building components
together with solar desiccant system. As long as i am concerned, TRNSYS and
TESS libraries provide me components enough to perform the calculation of
solar desiccant system, but , i am not so sure about the hygroscopic
material simulation. Fortunately, i used to make a hygroscopic simulation
program on Fortran environment. So it would be great if i can combine my
program together with TRNSYS. But the thing is, in order to transform my
program into TRNSYS components, it seems to be a number of difficulties
involving the stored variable concept in TRNSYS. So, would it be possible
to, reversely, use the Fortran source code of TRNSYS, components as a
subroutine to run together with my program on Fortran environment without
dealing with DLL or other interfaces thing?

Looking forward to hearing from you. and i would like to express my
gratitude in advance

Best regards
Areemit Narongwit

The University of Tokyo