[TRNSYS-users] Flow mixers and diverters

"Charron, Rémi" remi.charron at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Jan 26 12:24:18 PST 2006

Hello Everyone,
I seem to be having problems with flow mixers and diverters.  The
temperature exiting both flow mixers and diverters in my models are not
right.  This is a typical example of what is going on:

I start with 2 streams:
Stream 1: Flow 1500 kg/hr, Temp: 50ºC
Stream 2: Flow 75 kg/hr, Temp: 13ºC

I then enter both streams into a flow converger, given the following single
strea:
Stream 3: Flow 1575, Temp: 30ºC (too low)

I then split the stream in two with the flow diverter:
Stream 4: Flow 787.5, Temp: 22ºC (shouldn't be dropping)
Stream 5: Flow 787.5, Temp: 22ºC

Each of the resulting streams (4 and 5) are each converged with other flows.
However, for most of the simulation, streams 4 and 5 go through a converger
but there are no other flows going in.
i.e.: Stream 4 and 5 each go into a converger by themselves resulting in two
more streams:

Stream 6: Flow 787.5, Temp 18ºC (shouldn't be dropping)

Stream 7: Flow 787.5, Temp 18ºC

I looked at the code for the flow convergers and divergers, and they seem
right, I don't know why the temperatures keep falling.

Rémi