[TRNSYS-users] TrnsysFunctions when using Powell's method

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Thu Jan 19 15:30:06 PST 2006

Dear Todd,

The example component that you sent us conflicts with one of the basic
features of Solver 1:  the organization of equations into blocks, in
order to decide whether an input is a constant or depends explicitly on
time.  Those inputs that change with time are grouped into a set of
simultaneous equations that are actually solved by Solver1.  The list of
inputs and outputs (used by getConnectedUnitNumber and
getConnectedTypeNumber) is modified by Solver 1, and that is the reason
why the example does not work.

I do not know if you still need to call these two functions in your new
type, or if you got to them by trying to debug the problem.  As these
functions were developed for routines in the kernel, this conflict had
not appeared before.  I will be glad to find a solution if you need to
use these functions in your type with Solver 1.  In such case, I will
appreciate if you can explain me a little better what your component is
intended to do and we can plan the component for using the capabilities
of Solver 1.

Best regards,

Diego