[TRNSYS-users] "floor in direct contact with ground"

Enertech sidler at club-internet.fr
Fri Feb 17 03:55:46 PST 2006

Dear TRNSYS Users,

I would like to model a "floor in direct contact with ground" (I don't know
the exact traduction for the french term "plancher sur terre plein"). My
goal is to estimate the interest of using the ground thermal capacitance,
as a heat storage, in the global thermal capacitance of my building.

My first idea was to define a boundary wall with the ground temperature for
boundary. But in this case, I don't use ground capacitance. My new idea is
to introduce a layer in my wall (defined as an external wall) composed by 5
m of ground ? Do you think it's a good way to take ground capacitance into
account ?

Thanks for your answers,
Christophe.

ENERTECH