[TRNSYS-users] reg: Type34+type56

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Mon Feb 13 07:03:32 PST 2006

Hi Rajkumar,

The easiest way to explain you how to connect these two types is to use
the wizard in the Studio for creating a new multizone-building
simulation.  One of the steps in the wizard is to indicate the
characteristics of the external shading devices.  Try running this
wizard, and it will give you an better explanation than what I can do in
words.
But in general, Type34 gives you the total, beam and diffuse radiation
that is shaded by the external devices.  You have to connect the total
and beam shaded radiation to Type56.

>            Can you give me idea?, how can I connect *TYPE34*(overhang
> shading) with *TYPE56 *?.
>
>            I don't find any problem, when  I link radiation processor
> (*TYPE16*) with *TYPE34. *I*  *find problem, when I try to link
> *TYPE34 *with *TYPE56.* There is no extra inputs for windows  in type56.

If you right-click on the icon for Type56, and select Edit Building, it
will open the building description in TRNBuild.  Once in TRNBuild, click
on the window called 'Project', and click on the button 'Inputs'.  You
can add new inputs in this window.

However, for the case of 'Orientations' in the 'Project' window you can
create new orientations when you click on 'Other'.  When you create a
new orientation, it creates three new inputs: total radiation, beam
radiation, and incidence angle for beam radiation.

After you close TRNBuild, right click on the icon for Type56, and select
'Update building variable list'.  Now you will have the list of your new
inputs to type56.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
Best regards,

Diego