[TRNSYS-users] Trnsys and Mac

Filippo Busato busato at gest.unipd.it
Sat Feb 11 03:39:32 PST 2006

David Bradley ha scritto:
> Filippo,
>   I am not sure whether anyone contacted you about your question. I
> don't think that TRNSYS will run on a Mac OS unfortunately. TRNSYS
> uses an executable / dynamic link library structure, which is a
> Windows construct. Whether running TRNSYS on Virtual PC works or not,
> I cannot say. If anyone else has some experience with this, I would be
> glad to know of it.
> Cheers,
>  david
David and the Trnsys users group, I don't know whether this message
could be of any help...anyway: I succeed (very easily) in running Trnsys
on a Mac.
Well it doesn't properly "run" on Mac, I would better say it "walks",
since I run it through a Virtual PC application.
My PowerBook is 1.67 GHz G4 processor, with 1.5 GB ram. Let Virtual PC
use 512 MB of RAM, Trnsys runs at a speed which is approx its speed in
my previous old PC (700 MHz Intel P3, 256 MB ram).
Everything is ok with building/rebuilding the .dll in Compaq VF 6.6c, so
having switched to Mac I can still work with Trnsys the same way I did
with PC.

Cheers,
Filippo

Filippo Busato - ingegnere
PhD student

Università degli Studi di Padova
Dipartimento di Tecnica e Gestione dei sistemi industriali
Str.lla S.Nicola, 3 - 36100 Vicenza (VI)

mailto: busato at gest.unipd.it
http://www.gest.unipd.it/~busato <http://www.gest.unipd.it/%7Ebusato>
tel: +39 0444 998753
fax: +39 0444 998884