[TRNSYS-users] Modeling a double skin facade

Arie Kalkman a.kalkman at chri.nl
Thu Dec 14 07:48:08 PST 2006

Hi Adrien,

To model the airflow in the skin, you do need a separate zone in TRNBUILD
indeed. Preferably a number of zones, in order to get a vertical gradient in
temperature.

To model natural convection there a two possibilities that I know of:

-          buy the TRNFLOW- plugin for TRNSYS, and TRNFLOW will calculate
the natural convection for you

-          model the convection yourself, which is quite straightforward:
calculate the temperature in the skin by TRNSYS, calculate the
density/pressure difference in the skin using an equation-type, and
calculate the induced flow by assuming the skin is a very large
(rectangular) duct. The calculated flow can now be used as an input for a
ventilation-type in TRNBUILD.

regards,

Arie

  _____