[TRNSYS-users] Modeling a double skin facade

jezequel adrien jezequel_adrien at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 14 07:22:54 PST 2006

Hi users,

I am a recent TRNSYS user, and I need some help to model a double skin facade.

An old concrete building is partially covered by a glass "skin". The distance between the skin and the old facade is around 1.5 m. I have describe the building with TRNBUILD, but I don't know how I can do to model the air zone between the glass skin and the concrete face. The skin begins at the first floor (and is opened to air). It stops 1.2 m above the last level. The skin doesn't recover totally the building (The last floor is boundary to external).

I have tried to put the air zone in a particular zone in TRNBUILD, but I'd like to take into acount natural convection in the gap, to model air flow in the skin.

Thanks for jour help.

Adrien

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com