[TRNSYS-users] T19 effective thermal capacitance

"Charron, Rémi" remi.charron at nrcan.gc.ca
Tue Sep 27 09:05:05 PDT 2005

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know how the Capacitance (param 6) for Type 19 works?

The definition of the parameter states that it is a dimensionless number
defined as: "The effective thermal capacitance of the room air and
furnishings plus any mass not considered with the transfer functions."

If I look at the equations listed in the manual, it seems that the units
should be in the form of J/kg (or similar).  However, if I use J/kg, or the
default value of 80000, for a room of 10 x 10 x 2.438 m, I get no daily
fluctuations in temperature due to solar radiation.

Rémi