[TRNSYS-users] From PhD-student

julio vaillant vaillant1es at yahoo.es
Tue Sep 27 02:52:07 PDT 2005

Hello
Dear collegue

My name is Julio Vaillant Rebollar and I am a
PhD-student at the Genth University (Belgium). I
started using TRNSYS 16 to simulate co-generation.
Therefore, I tried the Diesel Dispatch example, which
uses type 120a, but have some doubts about the
results. Running the example, I get a graph of PTotal,
i.e. the Power of the DEGS. But when I try to obtein
the Qwaste, which is an other output of the DEGS, the
value of the Qwaste is noticed to be lower than
PTotal. Normaly, the Diesel Engine has around 70 % of
heat losses and 30% of power. This means that Qwaste
has to be larger than the Ptotal. Can you explain
this?

best regards,

Julio Vaillant Rebollar