[TRNSYS-users] ts15-typ56 int shad factor

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Thu Sep 1 08:53:59 PDT 2005

Dear Xavier:

I apologize for taking so long to answer your question.  I needed to
consult Marion Hiller at Transsolar, who is an expert on the topic.
You can refer to Section  4.3 in the Volume '06-MultizoneBuilding.pdf'
of the manual, and specifically to Section 4.3.2. page 46, to understand
how the properties of shading devices are entered in TRNBuild.

Property values (rho and alpha) are given for the covered area (opaque
and transparent).
1= tau + rho + alpha
or for different reflectivity on both sides:
1= tau + rho_i + alpha_i and
1= tau + rho_o + alpha_o

In TRNBuild (right click on your TYPE56 component, and select 'Edit
building'), you can use the WINDOW TYPE MANAGER to modify the window in
order to take into account the properties of the curtain:
- In the 'Optional Properties of Shading Devices' section, you can
specify two 'Reflection Coefficients of Internal Device':
   -  Towards window: REFLISHADE = rho_i / (1-tau) (towards the window)
   -  Towards zone:  REFLOSHADE = rho_o / (1-tau)

Please let me know if this answered your question, and do not hesitate
to contact me if you have more questions.

Diego

--

Diego A. Arias
TRNSYS Coordinator