[TRNSYS-users] Active Layer/Capillary Tube System

Jan Behrens behrensjan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 02:14:24 PDT 2005

Hello I have some questions about Type 56 and the Active Layer.
I'm trying to simulate a capillary tube system inside a wall but I'm
not sure if it is possible to calculate it in a right way. According
to the statement of the Type 56 user's manual the calculations for an
Active Layer is only done with turbulent flow parameters, how can I
change this? Also it is not clear to me how to bring the single tubes
and the segments in a parallel connection to each other, at the moment
the results of my calculations showing me a serial connection of the
single segments, which were done by the auto segmentation mode.
With kind regards
Jan Behrens